[Voicing-En] Pepper&Carrot Backstage Vol. 2

Hi! I am looking for English-speaking person who can record a voiceover for our new backstage video -

screenshot_001

Subtitles file - pepper-carrot-backstage-vol2-en.srt (3.7 KB)

Reference video file - Pepper-Carrot- backstage-vol2.mp4

Please drop you comment in this topic if you are willing to help. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve done some voice work in the past and would be happy to help. My name is Braillynn and I’m the author of open source focused tech blog https://librefree.me
I just bought a new microphone so this could help me test it out.

Braillynn

1 Like

Hello @Braillynn and welcome! Sure, your help is much appreciated - I am assigning this task to you. Please let me know if you will have any questions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

Yes I have a few questions. I submitted them to you in a private message.

Thank you,

Braillynn

2 Likes

Hi @Braillynn! Can you please submit the questions here, so I can answer in public? We prefer public discussions here, because this will help other contributors to learn (answering question in public gives information to other participants how we expect things to work). Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay,

So I was reading through the .srt file that you assigned to me in a text editor. It’s what Fedora Linux used to open up the file. Is there a better program for reading the file? In my review of the text I have to admit, I was a little confused. While it does contain the lines of dialogue, it never mentions who is talking at that time, ie whose lines are whose.

As a native English speaker, some of the lines I read didn’t sound natural to me. I’m than happy to make any necessary edits once I know what lines I would be recording.

Additionally, what file format do you prefer receiving audio in? What software should I should use for the recordings? Is there a deadline for when the audio files needs to be sent? How would you like me to send the file to you?

Those are all the questions I have currently,

Braillynn

2 Likes

I suggest to use a video player which supports displaying subtitles.
My favorite one is VLC (should be available through RPMFusion repository).
Generally, VLC loads subtitle automatically if both files (video and subtitle file) has same name (only extension is different). I.e. you can name files as pepper-carrot-backstage-vol2-en.mp4 and pepper-carrot-backstage-vol2-en.srt.

If that wouldn’t work, then you can open video first, and then use “Subtitle” → “Add subtitle file…” menu command.

zzzz

I am expecting all text narrated by single voice, like voiceover for TV spot. :slight_smile:

That would be awesome! I appreciate your edits here. :slight_smile:

Any lossless format, like FLAC or uncompressed WAV (16bit or 24bit).

I believe on Fedora you can use Audacity as simplest solution. :slight_smile:

It would be awesome if you can deliver before the start of next week. :slight_smile:

You can attach file here or upload to some file sharing service and send link here.

Thank you! ^___^

1 Like

Hi @Braillynn! Any progress with this task? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am looking for someone who can take this task. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be willing to do this, I have home studio setup I can use. Is any editing needed as well, or just the recording? As for software I have everything mentioned in the post (VLC and Audacity, I also have Ardour and OBS)

2 Likes

Awesome! I am assigning this task to you then. :slight_smile:

The editing is not required, we need only recording. We will do synchronization and mixing on our end. Thank you!

1 Like

The subtitle file provided isn’t showing any subtitles in VLC, only time codes.

Upon opening the file in Kate, the words are there, VLC just isn’t showing them

2 Likes

Hi! Let me check this on my side…

1 Like

@RogueRen
I see, it was mistake in file syntax.
It is fixed now, please download an updated version :slight_smile: - pepper-carrot-backstage-vol2-en.srt (3.7 KB)

1 Like

OK here is the full file. Let me know what parts, if any, you’d like me to re-record if something sounds wrong.morevna-pepper-carrot-en-audio.zip (36.9 MB)

2 Likes

@RogueRen Awesome, thank you so much! I have listened and it sounds very well. :slight_smile:

The only issue is “Morevna Project presents” phrase at the start - the first word sounds like “Monerva”. But this is not much an issue, as we can use a voice from English version of Episode 6 for this exact part.

Thank you for the contribution!

One last thing - please let me know how to mention you in the credits for this video? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Video is published now! Thank you so much for the help! :slight_smile: -

1 Like