[Proofreading-En] Pepper&Carrot Backstage Vol. 1

Hi! I am looking for English-native person who can help with proofreading subtitles for our upcoming video -

screenshot_001

Subtitles file - pepper-carrot-backstage-vol1-en.srt

Reference video file - Pepper-Carrot- backstage-vol1.mp4

Please drop you comment in this topic if you are willing to help. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, Konstantin. Iā€™d be glad to help with that.

2 Likes

Awesome! I am assigning the task to you then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good. Iā€™m about to start my work day here but Iā€™ll check back this evening. Iā€™m in the Central time zone in the USA just so you know.

2 Likes

@matt Please let me know your preferences - do you prefer to edit/discuss SRT file on GitHub (via PR) or use Google Documents? Any other tool? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, didnā€™t see your latest post until I posted mine. Iā€™m good with Github if you prefer that. MattJordan (Matt Jordan) Ā· GitHub

But I can also do Google docs as well. Iā€™m pretty flexible. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, I think it will be easier to handle discussions in Google Docs, so letā€™s go with it. ^___^

2 Likes

Konstantin,

Maybe I missed something but I didnā€™t see where to find an existing Google doc to start from. Or am I supposed to create one? I probably should have asked about that yesterday to clarify but I didnā€™t think to do so. Sorry about that. I did read through the SRT file and I can see that it wonā€™t take me long to make a few suggestions. So I can probably do a first draft tonight after work if I know where to do it. Apologies again if I missed something obvious.

1 Like

Hi Matt! No problem!
Yes, can you create a new Google Document please? Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, here is a first pass in a Google Doc. I took the approach of highlighting a section and giving an alternate suggestion in a comment. Let me know if that doesnā€™t make sense.

The existing version is very understandable and I think most English readers would have no trouble following along. So my suggestions are really just what I think would be a little more native or natural English. Of course Iā€™m from the USA, so I tried not to over-Americanize it and really just focus on smoothing the flow where I thought it might help. But, like I said, the original isnā€™t hard to follow and I think I only found one actual typo.

Let me know if anything is unclear, etc. And it wonā€™t hurt my feelings at all if you donā€™t use my suggestions. :smiley: I can also apply any or all of these in a PR against the SRT file if you want. Hereā€™s the link:

2 Likes

Awesome!

I like this approach! :slight_smile:

I will review that carefully and write my comments in Doc. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi Matt! I have reviewed all changes - there are just a few places where I put comments, lease check.

Yes, smoothing the flow, catching grammar errors and ensuring the text is clear to understand - thatā€™s what we were after. Thank you!

Yes, it would be really good if you can make a PR with final version here :slight_smile: - GitHub - morevnaproject-org/morevna-translations-en
This GitHub repo is intended to be temporary storage for results of our translation activities and I plan to clean up it from time to time. But committing changes there will allow other people who contributed to translation to see the fixes and learn from them.

1 Like

Sounds good. Iā€™ll either catch up later this evening or first thing tomorrow (Saturday) morning.

2 Likes

Hi, Matt! Any news on this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, the weekend has been a little busier than I anticipated, but I should be able to get to it this evening.

2 Likes

Okay, I responded to your questions and comments. I didnā€™t go ahead and do the PR yet mostly because a couple of my responses gave options. But I can do that tomorrow evening after work if you want. Just let me know. And apologies again for not being able to get to it as quickly as Iā€™d originally hoped this weekend.

2 Likes

Hi! No problem about delays, I just happy the process is moving! :slight_smile:

I have responded all comments and added all changes. I think weā€™re ready for PR now.

1 Like

Hi Matt! I was unable to accept my edits in Google Docs (because I am not the owner of the document), so I have applied all edits to a separate SRT file and uploaded it to this topic - [Voicing-En] Pepper&Carrot Backstage Vol. 1
You can use this SRT file for PR. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, sorry about that. I probably should have added some permissions or something and didnā€™t think to do it. Anyway, Iā€™ll open the PR.

2 Likes